Becoming a Member
Value of Membership
There are many advantages to being a member of the CI-CCI:
- Affords member institutions the ability to withdraw books with assurance that another CI-CCI school is committed to retain a copy for at least 10 years.
- Provides members the assurance that other CI-CCI schools will expedite loans to your school.
- Gives libraries the ability to leverage acquisitions dollars by not duplicating commonly-held titles within the CI-CCI group.
- Offers benefits of working collaboratively with similar-sized schools facing similar collection issues.
- Willing and able to perform coordinated collection analysis.
- Able to provide adequate staff time perform physical validation of assigned retention titles.
- Committed to the collaborative demonstrated through participation by Director/key leadership personnel in monthly virtual meetings and attendance of the annual Leadership Summit.
- Willing to prioritized and expedite loans between CI-CCI schools through the Iowa Courier system.